Here you will find answers to our frequently asked questions.
- I'm concerned about my child’s development. How can I get an evaluation?
Contact your pediatrician, or call Sherwood’s ExCEL program directly at 425.334.4071
- What kinds of services do you have for babies and young children? Do you have licensed therapists?
Early intervention services include education, resource referral, physical and occupational therapy, and speech therapy. All therapists are licensed and specialize in working with children.
- My son or daughter is about to graduate from high school (or transition services). How do I get employment services for him or her?
Referrals for employment services are made through your DD (Division of Developmental Disabilities) case manager or through a DVR (Division of Vocational Rehabilitation) counselor. Some private pay options may also be available.
- What kinds of jobs do you help people find?
Employment services are individualized, matching people to jobs according to their interests and abilities. We work with the person, their circle of support, and the employer to ensure a good match. Participants have found work in retail, food services, construction, childcare, and other fields.
- How can I get help with assistive technology?
Contact us at 425.334.4071 to set up an appointment. Services include a lending library, consultations, evaluations, and use of a computer lab (including a work station for users who are blind or experience low vision).